With over forty years in the real estate business, I know not all is as simple as black and white.
So, I am here to help.
I am a licensed real estate broker in Florida and a Broker Associate with J Wood Realty in Sarasota. The area for me
to best serve you for residential and commercial real estate brokerage services are the barrier islands of Anna Maria and Longboat Key on Florida’s Gulf Coast,
as well as the mainland of Bradenton and Sarasota, located nearby in Manatee and Sarasota counties.
My real estate career began in Poughkeepsie, New York, in 1972. I am still licensed in New York State and do business there as a sole proprietor broker.
I achieved my Florida real estate broker’s license in 1998. (In both states, my licenses are in my full name: Thomas C. Aposporos.)
For decades, I was a principal broker in my own firm. A few years ago, I joined J Wood because of the company’s philosophy--a personal service approach, with a
team committed to every purchase or sale no matter how small or large.
For confidential service and personal attention to your real estate needs, please call me directly at 941-704-4250 or email me here. I can provide you with an
internet link to help you search for real estate through the Mid-Florida Regional Multiple Listing Service, but I would rather give direct help and assistance
along with the benefit of what I have learned from all the years I have been in this business.
I hope you will agree that I have done some things in my life that should help me serve you well when you buy or sell real estate.
• In 1979, I was elected the youngest Mayor in the history of Poughkeepsie, New York, served four consecutive terms, and twice, in 1992 and again in
2008, served as Poughkeepsie’s Acting Development Director responsible for planning, zoning, and development functions.
• Beginning in 1988, I directed publicly traded banking companies for more than a decade and served as Chairman of the Board of Progressive Bank, Inc.,
a bank holding company that enjoyed a dramatic recovery and rise in shareholder value during my tenure.
• I have been involved in public life in Florida, chairing Anna Maria's Charter Review Commission twice and serving as a City Commissioner.
I also served as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Longboat Key, Lido Key, and St. Armands Key (Florida) Chamber of Commerce from 2009 through 2012.
I am a member of Longboat Key's Revitalization Task Force and an active co-founder of a community foundation benefitting Longboat Key--the Longboat Key Foundation.
• Trained as a stage actor when I was very young, I work in stage productions often, do voiceover work, and sometimes appear in television commercials.
I helped found Theatre Odyssey, a nonprofit company that solicits and produces new works by emerging and established playwrights.
• A newspaper columnist for the Herald Tribune in Sarasota, Florida, my assignment was writing about the barrier islands of Anna Maria and Longboat Key,
Florida, resulting in a body of work spanning social and political matters. Visit here for my columns.
Understanding real estate finance, knowing how government works, and the ability to verbally present a point of view or write it down, are all strengths I have accumulated and directly applied over the years. Let me put all my experience, along with my active involvement in this community, to work for you.